This page lists some troubleshooting tips for weather data collection, for now concerning AWS-stations by Promoserv-project.
- Is the ADSL connection working?
- Does the AWS have electricity?
- Does the Linux-box have electricity? Check the lights of Linux-box:
- -Is power-light on?
- -Is the Lan1 -light on?
- --> If not, reboot Linux-box by dis- and reconnecting power-cable
- Check the network switch of Ha Dong, is there connection to Linux-box?
- Test connection for station PC to linux-box using ping command ( ping XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX where XXX marks IP-number of linux-box, it is printed on linux-box).
If all these work, then check connection to server and listener with telnet-command:
Server IP: XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX Server port: YYYYYY
In linux, it would look like this:
telnet XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX YYYYYY Trying 220.127.116.11... Connected to localhost. Escape character is '^]'. STATUS ] 400 Can't parse header!
After connection is made you can type something (in example 'STATUS') and as ending character use ']'. Listener should give response, here it is '400 Can't parse header!'.
These connection attempts can be also found from listener logfile /var/log/nhms/listener_fmiaws_9760.log
At the moment there are no messages in logfile, so I assume that either AWS or Linux-box is not working or there is no network connection available.
Please let us know what were results.